Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick Tips for Maintaining your Amish Furniture



You bought your Amish furniture because you fell madly in love with the piece or pieces and you want to keep it around for generations to come to enjoy its pure beauty. In order to do that there are some things you will have to do to ensure its beauty remains. Here are some quick tips that will help you maintain your Amish furniture for generations:

It is important that when arranging your Amish furniture in your home, you do so with the consideration avoiding direct sunlight and heat from beating down on your furniture. If you have no other choice but to place it by a window or a heater vent, there are things you can do to divert the sun or heat source. Windows can have a shade put on it and have it pulled during the hours where the sun is the strongest. Heat vents can be covered with diverters to redirect the flow of the heat. Do not count on paste waxes and polishes to block the penetration of the sunlight.

  • Maintain your homes humidity in the 35% to 45% range.
  • Dust your Amish furniture with the grain.
  • Clean table with soap and water. Dry with a clean towel or rag.
  • Avoid polishes that contain silicones.
  • Use coasters, hot pads, and try to protect the finish from physical abuse.

ABOUT THE PICTURE
Empire Trestle Table
The Empire Trestle table features wrought iron slats in the trestle sides. Combined with clean lines, this lends itself to a contemporary Shaker look.
Dimensions:
42" x 66" With up to 4 leaves (can only store leaves w/out skirts).
42" x 72" With up to 4 leaves *
48" x 66" With up to 4 leaves.*
48" x 72" With up to 4 leaves.*
*Self stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirt, 2 without.
Standard Features:
1" Thick top.
Semi-oval top (shown).
Wrought Iron bars in trestle sides.
Geared slides.
Beveled or round over edge available
Boat shaped or rectangular top available.
The Empire Trestle Table is available in Oak, Quartesawn Oak, Cherry, Rustic Cherry, and Brown Maple.


AmishRetail.com has been selling high quality Amish Furniture since 1998. Although we are based in Salt Lake City, Utah, we have compiled an extensive selection of our favorite Amish Furniture products and accessories from manufacturers across the nation. We sell only the best products of the highest quality such as Amish Dinning room furniture and accessories, Amish bedroom furniture and accessories, Amish living room furniture and accessories, Amish children’s room furniture and accessories, Amish kitchen furniture and accessories, Amish office furniture and accessories, Amish hallway/entryway furniture and accessories, Amish home accessories, Amish dolls and doll furniture, Amish art, Amish jewelry boxes and bible boxes, and so much more.

Partly because of our refusal to sell anything but the best and partly because of our dedication to both our customers and our products, we are the leading Internet seller of Amish Furniture and accessories. You can count on us to provide you with high quality products, great deals, and excellent customer service.
Contact AmishRetail.com
Customer service numbers:
Toll Free: 888-98-AMISH (888-982-6474)
Local: 801-649-5391
Monday - Friday 9 AM – 5 PM Mountain Time
Fax: 801-606-2834
Email: admin@AmishRetail.com
Postal Mail:
1192 East Draper Parkway
Suite 302
Draper, UT 84020

Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook too!
Twitter @ AmishRetail
Facebook @ AmishRetail

9 comments:

  1. The empire tressle table is certainly an eye catcher. I buy Amish made furniture because I want it to last a lifetime. I know it will if properly cared for. I appreciate the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the looks of that table. We've always bought tressle tables because I think they are sturdier than other types. We've been talking about buying another one and this could be it. My wife has the final say, but I'm betting she'll love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sides of the tressle almost look like windows. I'm not sure if that's the effect they were trying for, but it's very unique and I think it would look really great in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad this table can be bought in rustic cherry. I really like that shade and it will go perfectly in my dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table and the fact that it can accomadate up to 4 leaves makes it a hit with my wife too. When the whole family gets together we need that much table. Normally there are only 4 of us, but we need the ability to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband just called me in to have a look at this table. We're going to get rid of the table we have in our dining room and he really likes this one. It is pretty. I get to pick the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that table. It's exactly what I need to complete my finished kitchen. I'm so proud of the finished product. It took us several months but it's a real showcase now. I always spent most of my time in the kitchen, now I love doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife really likes this table but I want one that's a little plainer. I think she will get tired of this sooner than she thinks. It's not that it's a bad looking table, far from it. It's just not what I had pictured for our dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your helpful tips. I want to make sure I can pass down my Amish furniture to my kids so they can enjoy them for many years, too.

    ReplyDelete