Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wood Characteristics ~ Swelling


When the moisture levels rise in your home your Amish Furniture can show the change through swelling. This is more commonly found during the Spring and Summer months and in homes with no climate control. Your wood furniture is constantly trying to stay in sync with the humidity level in its environment. If you have Amish furniture that was not finished with a conversion varnish, the wood will take in moisture until it balances with its environment causing swelling.

With Amish Dinning Tables that have solid wood extension leaves, this is natural and not a defect of the Amish artisanship. You can reduce tight drawers and ill-fitting table leaves by monitoring the humidity levels in your home.

ABOUT THE PICTURE
Victoria Table
The Victoria table is shown in cherry and measures 48" x 72" and comes standard with 4 leaves. It has a gear driven slide for opening and self store leaves. It will store 2 leaves with a skirt and 2 without. It also has recessed leg levelers just in case your floor is not level. The base has a 10" pedestal and can be stained to meet your needs.

AmishRetail.com has been selling high quality Amish Furniture since 1998. Although we are based in Salt Lake City, Utah, we have compiled an extensive selection of our favorite Amish Furniture products and accessories from manufacturers across the nation. We sell only the best products of the highest quality such as Amish Dinning room furniture and accessories, Amish bedroom furniture and accessories, Amish living room furniture and accessories, Amish children’s room furniture and accessories, Amish kitchen furniture and accessories, Amish office furniture and accessories, Amish hallway/entryway furniture and accessories, Amish home accessories, Amish dolls and doll furniture, Amish art, Amish jewelry boxes and bible boxes, and so much more.

Partly because of our refusal to sell anything but the best and partly because of our dedication to both our customers and our products, we are the leading Internet seller of Amish Furniture and accessories. You can count on us to provide you with high quality products, great deals, and excellent customer service.
Contact AmishRetail.com
Customer service numbers:
Toll Free: 888-98-AMISH (888-982-6474)
Local: 801-649-5391
Monday - Friday 9 AM – 5 PM Mountain Time
Fax: 801-606-2834
Email: admin@AmishRetail.com
Postal Mail:
1192 East Draper Parkway
Suite 302
Draper, UT 84020

Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook too!
Twitter @ AmishRetail
Facebook @ AmishRetail

6 comments:

  1. I like the looks of this table and I really like the idea that it has recessed leg levelers. I don't think there is a level floor in any room of my house. That goes hand in hand with the fact that there are no true corners either. I have to wonder who might have built this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen tables before that store their leaves but I really didn't care for the looks of the table. This one caught my eye. We have a formal dining room and I think this table would look right at home in that room. I'll have to look for just the right chairs to get the effect I'm afterk, but I'm confident that you'll have that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when I saw this table was that it had a majestic look to it. Then I saw that it was named Victoria. What a coincidence! It looks to be massive, too much so for my small dining room, but I can sure dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like big furniture like this table. Some of the dining room furniture available today looks like it would break if it got bumped the wrong way. Not this one. I want big old captain's chairs to go with it. I like to be comfortable when eating and visiting after a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This table reminds of the one my aunt had at the farm. Of course, the leaves were not stored in the table, they were kept in the cellar. Someone in the town they lived in made it. Seeing this one, I wonder if it was Amish made. I'll have to ask around and see if I can find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We so need a new dining room table and as much as I love the looks of this table, it's just too big. This table deserves a large dining room where it can show off! I know we'll find one that is just right for us. We know we'll find quality no matter what size table and chairs we end up with and that's what brought us here to start with.

    ReplyDelete