Friday, May 7, 2010

A Mother’s Day Tribute to all Wonderful Mothers.




A Child's Angel

Once upon a time, there was a child ready to be born.

He asked God:

"They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow but how am I going
to live there being so small and helpless?"

God: "Among the many angels, I chose one especially for you. She will
be waiting for you and will take care of you."

Child: "But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing
and smile, and that's enough for me to be happy. Will I be happy
there?"

God: "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every
day.
You will feel your angel's love and be happy."

Child: "How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to
me if I don't know the language that men talk?"

God: "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you
will ever hear.
With much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

Child: "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God: "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

Child: "I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"

God: "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking her own life."

Child: "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God: "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth
could already be heard.
The child, in a hurry, asked softly:

"Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

God: "Your angel's name is of no importance.
You will call your angel ... Mommy."

Erma Bombeck



A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)



TO MY MOTHER

Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me,
And filled my heart of hearts, where death installed you,
In setting my Virginia's spirit free.
My mother -- my own mother, who died early,
Was but the mother of myself; but you
Are the mother to the one I loved so dearly,
And thus are dearer than the mother I knew
But that infinity with which my wife
Was dearer to my soul that its soul-life.

Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)


ABOUT THE PICTURES

Sleigh Bed Style Crib
The Sleigh Crib daybed full size bed is shown in oak with S-2 (Honey) stain. This unit is available as a crib only, or you can add the "upgrade" option. This would include the extra boards and parts so you can convert the unit into BOTH the daybed and the full sized bed.

The crib measures 35 3/4 deep x 56 3/8" wide and 45 3/4" tall. The full size bed will measure 83" long, 58" wide and 45 3/4" tall. This bed system comes "broken down" for shipment. The unit is built this way for 2 reasons: It needs to be built with bolts so it can be modified and you can store the bed when not needed.

The complete set will include the full size bed slat rails, day bed conversion board and the metal crib spring system. MATRESS NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS SET.

All cribs have been manufactured by ASTM standards. Each crib comes in its own box with springs and hardware included for all conversions. How to assemble pictured instruction manual also included.

Peg Bench - Oak
Dimensions 10 x 4 x 4.75
Weight 4.0 lb

Rocking Horse-Deluxe with Painted Noah's Ark
Small-Painted Noah's Ark.
Overall Size 34"x11.5"x25".




AmishRetail.com has been selling high quality Amish Furniture since 1998. Although we are based in Salt Lake City, Utah, we have compiled an extensive selection of our favorite Amish Furniture products and accessories from manufacturers across the nation. We sell only the best products of the highest quality such as Amish Dinning room furniture and accessories, Amish bedroom furniture and accessories, Amish living room furniture and accessories, Amish children’s room furniture and accessories, Amish kitchen furniture and accessories, Amish office furniture and accessories, Amish hallway/entryway furniture and accessories, Amish home accessories, Amish dolls and doll furniture, Amish art, Amish jewelry boxes and bible boxes, and so much more.

Partly because of our refusal to sell anything but the best and partly because of our dedication to both our customers and our products, we are the leading Internet seller of Amish Furniture and accessories. You can count on us to provide you with high quality products, great deals, and excellent customer service.
Contact AmishRetail.com
Customer service numbers:
Toll Free: 888-98-AMISH (888-982-6474)
Local: 801-649-5391
Monday - Friday 9 AM – 5 PM Mountain Time
Fax: 801-606-2834
Email: admin@AmishRetail.com
Postal Mail:
1192 East Draper Parkway
Suite 302
Draper, UT 84020

Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook too!
Twitter @ AmishRetail
Facebook @ AmishRetail

5 comments:

  1. I really like the Sleigh Bed Crib. It has a lot of appeal and a modern look. I wish I had found this sight about 6 months ago when I was in the market for one. I'll know where to come next time one of my kids decides to reproduce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rocking Horse with Noah's Ark on the side is really cute. All children love horses and most of them know about the ark and all the animals found on it. What a great idea to combine the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surprised my son and his wife with the Sleigh Bed. They were concerned that all they had was a bassinet and they were afraid they wouldn't be able to find a crib before she outgrew the bassinet. I was able to get it in and assembled before they got home from the hospital, complete with sheets and an Amish made quilt that I had found shortly after they told me they were expecting. They were very pleased with the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a wooden peg bench in a long time. They are plastic now and don't work as well either. My grandson will be 1 next week and I know this will be his favorite toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words!

    The Sleigh Bed is awesome. I need one for our baby that is due in December!

    ReplyDelete